Granite Springs

Information on the history of Granite Springs seems to be few and far between, but the name has been used at least as early as the 1850s and the mines were evidently last worked in the 1930s. A topographical map from 1944 shows the Granite Spring School, but by 1954 it disappeared and only a foundation remains at the site.