Ward Mining Camp

Very little is known about the Ward Mine and associated camp. It dates back to the 1890s, when T. Ward located the mine high on the ridge and constructed a water powered four-stamp mill a mile (and 1000') below. The camp was evidently abandoned by the 1900s, though Ed L. Page worked the mine at the beginning of the century.

Bibliography