Captain Emil J. Raddatz arrived in the Tintic District in 1907 and secured claims on the eastern side of the range, incorporating the Tintic Standard Mining Company that October. It took until 1916 before the ore body was struck. Almost immediately, Raddatz established a company town for the Tintic Standard, initially called "Standard" before taking the name of "Dividend" in September 1918, and soon had a post office and population of 200. Before long, the Company completed construction on a twelve-room lodging house, boarding house, school, and fifteen frame homes.

In 1919, Raddatz undertook construction on the Tintic Standard Reduction Mill, also known as the Harold Mill (after Raddatz's son), eleven miles away near Goshen. Designed by W.C. Madge, the mill was completed the following year for $580,000, and put into operation in March 1921. A community, also called Harold, grew around the mill and had a boarding house, commisary, and residences for mill officials. Initially, the mill treated 160-180 tons of ore per day, which increased to 200 tons in 1922 with the addition of two sulphide furnaces. The mill was also notable for its use of the Augustin process - the only mill to do so in the United States at the time. The mill operated until 1925, when the mine could no longer provide enough ore of the proper grade.

Through the 1920s, Dividend thrived. Homes were occupied as quickly as they could be constructed, and the town had a sizeable Mexican population. By 1930, almost 500 people lived in Dividend. By 1940, however, the Tintic Standard was on a decline, and mining finally came to a close at Dividend in 1947. Several mining ruins remain nearby along Dividend Road, however Tintic Consolidated Metals LLC is currently active in the area and has restricted access to most of them. Nevertheless, Dividend Road is a pleasant drive and much can be seen from the roadway.

Tintic Mining District
MammothSilver CityDiamond
Knight Grain Elevator