Spring Lake

The area around Spring Lake was initially settled in 1850. In 1859, James Pace and James Butler built a large adobe home here, which was purchased by Joseph E. Johnson. He moved his family to the property, built an adobe wall, and named it Spring Lake Villa. Johnson and his brothers (Benjamin F. and George W.) operated a number of businesses, including drug stores, fruit-tree nursery, trunk factory, sorghum mill, cannery, broom factory, wholesale seed house, and also printed the Farmer's Oracle, Utah's first farm paper. Spring Lake Villa held a post office from 1863 until 1866, when the name was shortened to just Spring Lake.

Today, Spring Lake remains a small hamlet. The adobe Spring Lake Villa is long gone, and the most notable remnant from the past is the 1923 Spring Lake School building.